Friday, March 16, 2018

Aaand... WE'RE BACK!

Yikes!  I am such a terrible host.  Poor you, waiting for another post that never came.  (yeah, yeah, yeah I'm know what you're thinking Don't flatter yourself!) 
Resting at Redwall Bridge after hiking down from the  North Rim. 
I forget which overlook this was at- just that it was sunset at on the South Rim.  We rented bikes and rode up and down the South Rim road, occasionally hopping on a bus when we felt like we were needed a breather. (laaazzzy- I know) But had we not hopped the bus we would've missed out on the driver telling us about the mountain lion she spotted near the road that morning! And I thought the risky part would be watching my husband "fly" back down to our cabin on his bike- arms spreadeagled.  He will never get the sound of me screeching at him to stop out of his head. 





The Narrows @ Zion National Park
The trip out west was phenomenal.  I still look at pictures and think, "Man, I really can't wait to get back there!"  Even to the point I've hinted to the husband, "Hey, I applied to a job in Utah!"  It didn't pan out, but it was worth the try! (I may or may not subscribe to alerts on job opportunities near Zion National Park...) 



If you look closely-
you can spot the most phenomenal adventure Buddy on earth
Despite being years ago, I remember my last post.  And I had every intention of following up with stories of our travels!  But before we even got back to the airport in Phoenix from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon- I had to start my course work for my accounting class.  From there, life only got more interesting. 


I dove into my online accounting courses, determined to get my Master's in Accounting and pass the CPA exam.  Not even back home from vacation, and I was paranoid about keeping up. We hit the ground running when we returned, going back to our work routines.   I kept up with my classes, had fun with colorful new binders and taking notes in 8 different colors.  (I'm guessing most accountants don't try to make their work pretty...?? Ya'll let me know here.)  My front desk job left me with plenty of time work on problems between calls.  All that down time is what had driven me to look for better career options in the first place.

Fast forward to not many weeks after getting home.  We went to SkyTop Orchard for our annual apple picking early September.  We had discussed having kids "sometime in the future."  Seeing all the families there together and several babies brought the topic up again.  Now, if you're following what I'm saying you might realize that I already had a full plate.  I was working full time and going back to school for my Master's.  Buuuuuuttt.....Adventure is made of risks.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained- right? The whole point of this blog is our adventures.  And the biggest one was coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment